There is a reason wordpress has been so successful as a blogging platform. It’s easy, and the wordpress creative team actually listen to and implement ideas for changes to the platform.
The layout and functions of wordpress itself was created by bloggers just like you.
But as powerful as WordPress is as a blogging platform, what makes it even more powerful is its versatility.
The Versatility of WordPress
With it’s powerful plugin feature and it’s easiness to be modified via the actual open source code, wordpress can be used as more than a blogging platform.
It can be used as a CMS (Content Management System) for a static company website.
By simply modifying the themes style sheet and some of the open source code, you can have a fully functional website developed in a day with the only thing left being the adding of the actually page content (of which the client can do).
The Benefits of Using WordPress When Building Websites
- Websites that used to take weeks to build can now be built in a matter of 2-3 days.
- Clients can edit the content of each page by themselves very easily rather than having the developer make every word change.
- The plugins offered allow for faster development of key website components such as web forms, newsletter subscriptions, search engine optimzation, and so much more.
- It makes the client feel like they are more in control of their website.
- It causes the client to feel better about the development since they actually get to have a hand in the process.
- And so much more…
Real World Example
I actually used WordPress to build a website for the first time this past week for a client, and what would normally have taken 2-3 weeks ended up only taking 2-3 days.
The client had previously been with a web development company that fought with them on changes and development for over a year and no CMS. So imagine their surprise when I have a fully functioning website for them in 3 days, content added and all.
If you develop websites, I highly recommend you start using wordpress. You will impress your clients with how quickly you finish the work.
Here’s a screenshot of the website which was built on the default wordpress theme with very minimal stylesheet and code changes:
How do you feel about using WordPress to build websites? If you have any other benefits I’d love to hear them.